Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Baby's Nursery

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Kaas Glass plates!

Burgdorf Goodman's next to The Plaza hotel in NYC did an entire window display of glass plates this fall. Little shops in my area have started selling this wonderful pieces of art you can use as wall art, jewelry trays, serving plates...the list goes on.
I fell in love with Kaas Glassworks on Perry St. in the East Village. Mary, the shop owner is super sweet and can take any paper product (an invitation, menu, playbill...you name it) and turn it into a beautiful plate/tray.
My sister Meg, above, poses in the little shop, packed with beautiful images on plates. See the Sea Horse on the chair next to her? I want that for my own collection. The only things I collect are Belleek china from Ireland and Since a little over a year ago, Kaas plates!
Check out their website at: http://www.kaas.com/

1 comment:

  1. The shop is in the WEST Village, and Mary manages it. Carol Kaas is the owner.

    ReplyDelete