Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Baby's Nursery

Friday, November 4, 2011

Getting ready for Thanksgiving!


It's been a couple of weeks since I have found the time to update my blog. With a freak winter storm hitting us last Saturday, we found ourselves without power for a few days. Lighting candles and sitting near the fireplace to keep warm, I know one thing I am thankful for...electricity!!!
After the Halloween fun I love preparing for Thanksgiving. It seems to be all about the food...there are no presents to give out, so no crazy shopping to do and no holiday parties to go to before hand. It is like the great meal before the craziness begins.
I can cook up a good meal when I plan for it, so that's just what I need to do for Thanksgiving. Cooking is a chore, not a pleasure for me and it's not something I have a flare for, but if I research dishes, make sure I have all the ingrediants and work out my cooking time table for the day of, I'm good to go!
If anyone has good receipes for Thanksgiving, please share them!
Naturally, my favorite thing is to decorate the house. I have my fall pumpkins out, fall foliage garland, my bushel of wheat and pumkin spice candles. The smell of fall is in the air at our house and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment