Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Baby's Nursery

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Thanksgiving Table

There are a few things I love to add to my table to make it extra special for Thanksgiving.
Flowers that are of a fall hue...this year my wedding anniversary falls on Thanksgiving,
so I decided I want to get the fall color roses we used at our wedding on the table.
Another touch I love are festive place cards. The ones shown below comes as a kit from
www.paper-source.com I am going to have my nieces put them together and place on
the table while dinner is cooking and the adults are sitting around chatting.
The other thing I think adds a bit of whimsy to the table is the small chocolate turkey I place
on each person's plate. They can sit it next to their glass and save it for dessert time.
Lighting is always key, so I like to dim the chandelier, light the pumpkin candles and have the 
fireplace going with some soft music in the background. The perfect setting to give thanks
for all the amazing people and things we are so lucky to have in our lives:)
Place card pumpkins from Paper-source

Chocolate turkies...Pièce de résistance !


No comments:

Post a Comment