Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Baby's Nursery

Friday, December 9, 2011

Create a fantastic bar for your Christmas party!

No matter the space you have, you can create an amazing bar area for you guests at your Christmas or New Year's party. Above is a bar cart from potterybarn that packs a fantastic punch. Guests can mosey over and help themselves to a variety of drinks.
I use a small chest in my family room to create my bar. I start with a round mirror to set my ice bucket and shaker on and build from there. I set out a mix of glasses, old and new and an array of red and white wine, bourbon, whiskey, vodka, rum...to the side I bring out my vintage metal tub that is on legs, fill it with ice and add club soda, mixers, beer and champagne.
After I have the basic set-up done I add fun details. Fun tags for wine glasses, tags for the wine bottles, a fun vintage poster or banner to hang above the bar, tea lights etc. The possibilities are endless and adding your own flare is what makes it great. A party drink for the occasion is great too, like pomegranate or peppermint martinis are too fun to pass up!
Need some inspiration to get you going? Google vintage barware and look through some of the pictures.
Eat, DRINK and be Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment