Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Baby's Nursery

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vintage Lighting with Industrial Style

Vintage, industrial style lighting has made a comeback! The beauty of these pieces is that you can mix them with all different types of decorating styles. Put in a modern space, they are a fantastic juxtaposition to sleek modern lines. Added to "Pottery Barn" style decor, they add character and to a industrial loft or farm house style they add a touch of authenticity.
The great news is, it is fairly easy to find old fixtures, replace any old or missing wiring with a lighting kit from your local hardware store and find reproduction bulbs online or at specialty lighting stores. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, like myself the cost for a beautiful light is fairly inexpensive. If you like the look of vintage lighting, but  want a new piece, there are beautiful reproductions from companies like Restoration Hardware.
I hope you enjoy looking at these beautiful fixtures as much as I do. If you are interested in this type of lighting and would like me to source a piece and wire it for you, let me know!


Vintage enamel light fixtures, ready to be
rewired and have a reproduction bulb added.


An old barn light, rewired with a reproduction
light bulb, simply beautiful.


This light fixture is from Restoration Hardware
and hangs above my kitchen table.


Vintage cage lights grouped together
make a statement!

Industrial Pendant Light
A light I made from an old piece and sold
at my Etsy Shop. I love the patina on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment