Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Baby's Nursery

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Unique Wall Decor

I love taking items that are out of the ordinary and using them in new ways (especially bringing outdoor things inside). I was looking through some pictures of a trip I took to Texas a couple of years ago and in one of the photos, (I am in an amazing antique store) I noticed all the cool stuff hanging on the walls. I know that some of the items were going to be used or re purposed for a range of things, but what about leaving them up on a wall? Or what about taking an everyday item(s) or a collection of items and displaying it on a wall to make a bold statement? Below is a list of what might seem like regular things, but then look at the pictures of how they have been used to make artistic wall decor.

Hats
Letters from old signs
Plates
Shutters and corbels from old porches










Need some more inspiration? My favorite book is, "Creative Walls" by Geraldine James.

No comments:

Post a Comment