Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Baby's Nursery

Friday, January 13, 2012

Frame it!

I love, love, love old frames. The more distressed the better! Chippy paint, some cracks, I'll take it. Old frames are a wonderful way to display more than just artwork. In the photo above, they are grouped together to make a bold statement (the shutters add even more charm). Below, it is used to hold and display jewelry.
As with so many vintage, repurposed items, there is so much you can do with frames. I have a collection of glass plates hanging on my wall inside a large, oversized old frame in my dining room. In my kitchen, I used an old frame around a poster I had tacked to the wall. I also have the old saying, "Keep Calm and Carry On" in white letters on my wall with a frame around it. A beautiful remnant of fabric can be brought to life in an old frame. Happy framing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment