Photo of the Day

Photo of the Day
Baby's Nursery

Monday, January 9, 2012

Number It

As I've stated in some of my past blogs, I love typography...so naturally I love numbers in different fonts. I think adding number to house hold items is visually appealing and keeps you organized too. I love to display numbers in different ways around my home. On my mantel, I have old french house numbers, that are distressed...each number has a meaning (30 for my birthday, 19 for nephew's birthday and 24 for my anniversary). On to chairs in my family room I have a pillow with the number 2 and another with the number 4 (again my anniversary). On two baskets on my kitchen counter I have zinc tags with the numbers 1 and 2 written in chalk. Numbers painted on a basket like the one above is also a wonderful way to bring new life to a plain piece.
Try using all different ways to display number...paper tags, paint, fabric, enamel tags, zinc tags, house numbers, ceramic tags (like the ones below), or over sized numbers to hang on your walls. Try using them on unexpected things like chairs, dressers, on mirrors, trays, dishes....

No comments:

Post a Comment